Terms of Reference
This Ability Trust is a non-profit organization that works to advance the rights and inclusion of women and girls with disabilities in Kenya. Our vision is to be a dynamic organization that facilitates the realization of a society in which the rights of women and girls with disabilities are respected and upheld, allowing them to live fully integrated lives politically, economically, and socially.
Women with disabilities face double discrimination, firstly, due to their gender as women, and secondly due to their disability. Due to the myriad of challenges faced by women with disabilities such as cultural practices and myths that are discriminatory and harmful, stigma and discrimination, including an invisibility in policies and programming which lead to a lack of access to social amenities such as education, employment, healthcare among others.
The negative impact of corruption at county and national governments on women and girls with disabilities and its adverse effects are experienced in a variety of ways, because of the reduced investments and ineffective social protection and accountability measures.Additionally, it is important for women with disabilities to understand the importance of gender analysis in order to fight against corruption.
To increase gender analysis skills for women with disabilities especially in key representative positions steering national and sub-national conversations and providing critical nuances within anti-corruption initiatives.
- To implement a needs analysis assessment on gender analysisamong women with disabilities
- To create an online curriculum on gender analysis.
- To execute the training modules.
- To facilitate training sessions via various online platforms e.g. Zoom, Whatsapp, This Ability Skills platform
- Needs analysis assessment
- Weekly training schedule
- Pre and post evaluation tests
- Curriculum content
- Periodical meetings with This Ability’s team
- To deliver and complete This Ability Trust trainings on gender analysis.
- Report challenges and opportunities to the team.
- A Master Degree in Gender Studies.
- Strong empathy and listening skills.
- Proven experience in training on gender analysis skills.
- Previous experience developing gender analysis curriculums.
- Previous experience training women with disabilities.
- Knowledge of the Kenyan social context.
- Ability to relate to and adapt communication style to suit young women with disabilities.
N.B. Qualified women with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This Ability Trust has zero tolerance for corruption and fraud.
This Ability Trust reserves the right to offer comparable assignment to those qualified candidates that may not have been selected for this consultancy assignment which they applied for. These offers will be based on the needs of the organization, appropriateness, and relevance to the candidate’s educational background and work experience. Only those candidates in whose qualifications and experience the Trust has further interest will be contacted for subsequent interviews.