Terms of Reference for Finance Officer
This Ability Trust is a non-profit organization that works to advance the rights and inclusion of women and girls with disabilities in Kenya. This Ability Trusts’ mission is to advance the rights and inclusion of women and girls with disabilities in Kenya. The Trust is in search of a Finance Officer to take charge of the financial health of our nonprofit organization by administering accounting operations to meet legal requirements. You should be familiar with audits, invoices and budget preparations. Our ideal candidate demonstrates interest in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable. You should also have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions and procedures.
- Maintain accurate record keeping on all transactions and supporting documents
- Process all payments to suppliers, statutories, utilities etc.
- Maintain accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare monthly Payroll for the Employees and consultants
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and management accounts
- Conduct reconciliations on Bank and Mpesa statements
- Coordinate internal and external financial audits
- Support donor documentation e.g. budget preparation, finance reports
- Maintain an accurate Asset register for the Trust
- Review and implement financial policies
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role in nonprofits
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- BSc degree in Finance or Accounting
- Please send your Expression of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 06th February 2023.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
1. This Ability Trust has zero tolerance for corruption and fraud. You are required to go through the anti-bribery policy to get a better understanding of this and the other policies that the Trust’s operations focus on.
2. This Ability Trust has a zero-tolerance policy against sexual harassment. The Trust makes available annual sexual harassment prevention and response training for all supervisors, managers, and consultants. You are required to go through the Safeguarding policy
3. The Trust affirms its established policy of non-discrimination in employment and its commitment to affirmative action in being an equal opportunity employer, particularly in the employment of women with disabilities.
4. This Ability Trust reserves the right to offer comparable assignments to those qualified candidates that may not have been selected for this consultancy assignment which they applied for. These offers will be based on the needs of the organisation, appropriateness and
relevance to the candidate’s educational backgrounds and work experience. Only those candidates in whose qualifications and experience the Trust has further interest will be contacted for subsequent interviews.