Terms of Reference
This Ability Trust is a non-profit organization that works to advance the rights and inclusion of women and girls with disabilities in Kenya. Our main objective is to amplify the voices and increase visibility of women and girls with disabilities. We focus our work on the thematic areas of sexual and reproductive health and economic rights.
Persons with disabilities – both visible and invisible have experienced increased obstacles and discrimination in accessing healthcare, education, employment and other essential services including communication technologies. In addition, women and girls with disabilities are subject to intersecting forms of discrimination related to sexual and reproductive health, gender-based violence, legal protection, unpaid care and domestic work due to increased social isolation and “stay at home” guidelines; studies have shown family members are often the perpetrators.
To improve the accessibility and inclusion of persons with disabilities in different environments and to increase the knowledge on their rights from a gender and human rights perspective.
- To design and implement a needs assessment with civil society organizations
- To develop a needs analysis document
- To develop a proposal for a disability rights guide structure and summary
- To develop a guide on disability inclusion, accessibility, and rights for organizational capacity building that prioritizes the rights of women with disabilities.
- Needs Analysis
- Document structure proposal
- Guide 1st draft
- A final draft
- Facilitate a validation meeting
- Work in partnership with This Ability team
- Have update meetings with This Ability team when it is required
- Degree in Social Science
- Proven experience developing documents on This Ability Rights
- Should have strong empathy and listening skills.
- Previous experience developing researching online curriculums
N.B. Qualified women with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This Ability Trust has zero tolerance for corruption and fraud.
This Ability Trust reserves the right to offer comparable assignments to those qualified candidates that may not have been selected for this consultancy assignment for which they applied for. These offers will be based on the needs of the organization, appropriateness, and relevance to the candidate’s educational background and work experience. Only those candidates in whose qualifications and experience the Trust has further interest will be contacted for subsequent interviews.